21.3.11

Busan - Books

As you know I went to Busan on Saturday. I did a number of things while I was there. I will use the next few days to tell you about it. Today I will share with you some new reading material that I acquired.

Before heading out I saw an ad for a few books that I was interested in reading and figured I should pick them up on the same trip, using what my brother Brad calls "farmer mentality".

"Farmer mentality" as my brother puts it is trying to fit as much in to one trip as possible in order to make the trip more worth while, to get the most bang for your buck. A common saying among those with farmer mentality is, "It's(pretty much) right on the way."

So I got in touch with the seller, he was agreeable and said it sounded good but he wanted to be leaving for Seoul. I assured him I would be able to meet him early enough for him to still make his bus and we arranged to meet.

As it turned out I was running a little bit behind schedule(not surprisingly) so I called the number for "books"(as labelled on my phone). Andy assured me that it was no problem and told me to call him when I got to a subway station. Finally half an hour later I had found one and we arranged where to meet.

I ended up meeting him at the same time that he wanted to be boarding a bus for Seoul. Sorry! But he was a real class act and delivered the goods. Thanks Andy!

So now on my to read list is Jules Verne's 'Around the World in Eighty Days', Charels Dickens' 'A Tale of Two Cities', Ernest Hemingway's 'For Whom the Bell Tolls', and Robert Pirsig's 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' (to go with my bike).

No comments:

Post a Comment