7.4.11

Your Vote Counts

As many of my Canadian readers know, there is an election coming up and I want to take this time to remind you that your vote counts! It is an important part of the democratic process that you go out and let your voice be heard. On a different(debatably more important) note, I have a favor to ask of you.

I need your help! As you already know I moved this past Saturday. This means that I have a new thermostat and a new washer that I don't know how to use. So far I have been able to get the desired results through trial and error, but it would be nice to know what I am telling it to do.

This is where you come in, if you know Korean I am asking you to give me a rough idea of how to use them properly. If you don't know Korean, I am asking you learn Korean and then give me a rough idea of how to use them properly.

I figure that if each of you learn one of these words this will be translated before I have to ask my co-workers or look it up myself. Please talk to each other and get organized so that you don't all translate the same word, as knowing just one word would help me very little.

This could be one of the two most important things you do this year! Don't miss out on this opportunity, you never know when something like this will come around again(next time I move). Remember I am counting on you, please don't let me down!

This is my thermostat.


This is my washer.


2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I'll wager a guess that the button on the left on your washer is water temperature. I think°C is a unit of temperature in Korean as well, so that probably means "Cold", "30°C", "40°C", "60°C", and "95°C".

    That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/4/11

    I don't know if this helps at all, but I found this online about the washer... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080816064338AAhgZY1
    and: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080317101039AAr5d1g
    I haven't had any luck in finding a thermostat that looks like yours though...(I'm guessing washing machines are more the same than thermostats...)
    I hope you figure it out :)
    ...aj

    ReplyDelete