30.5.11

Saving Money

The other day I was in Busan to pick up an electric fan from some people who were moving home. With the heat of summer approaching a fan will be essential but in Korea they are unbelievably expensive. At the local big box store the cheapest standard low fan with a 35 cm diameter costs 50,000 won($50). Ridiculous.

Refusing to pay that much I managed to find one on a buy and sell and offered 15,000 won, they accepted. Now all I had to do was go to Busan and find their place. After trying to follow their vague directions I got lost and stumbled upon this treasure.


As I found out I got off at the wrong subway stop and walked far away. At long last I did realize that I was in the wrong place and called to get better directions. I eventually found the place and picked up the fan.

Turns out with the travel costs I didn't save as much money(or time) as I thought I would but then again I wouldn't have gotten this picture, and that alone is worth something. Even if it is only a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment