18.5.11

It's "Quality Time"

Earlier in the week the forecast was for rain and so my plan was to go up to Busan and go to Costco and for supper with a couple of other people. Thankfully, on Thursday night before I confirmed that I would be going I checked the weather and found that it would be a sunny day. I let them know I had other plans and so I would not be joining them.

This is how Annabelle and I got to spend some quality time exploring the island. I ended up having Saturday class from 9-12 but after that I was free. I went home had lunch, got sidetracked and talked to my old roommates for a bit but then I was off.

The previous weekend I had gone out with a friend and we had done a loop that was quite enjoyable but due to leaving our map at home we turned left at a T that we wanted to turn right at and cut it short. Today it was just Annabelle and I so we decided to go back and turn right at the T to see where it led.

Checking a map that was on the side of the road.


Some of the curves, scenery and other traffic we dealt with during our time out.


We climbed a pass and saw the South coast from the top.


Being a bit of a busy road I waited at the top until there was a sizeable gap and then flew down the mountain side. There were quite a number of sharp switchback but that didn't stop my ears from popping as a result of the speed of the decent. Upon reaching the South shore the plan was to head East but the traffic was locked up and so we turned around and doubled back for a bit.

A turn on to a different road led us to this gem of a place. Swan paddle boats with a fountain in the middle, prefect for a date. Unfortunately they wouldn't let Annabelle ride so we burned the place down.


After that incident we decided to continue on and after a bit more of a ride we ended up at the North coast a few miles West of Gohyeon. Gohyeon is where my home is and so after a picture we headed for home with a quick stop at Angel in Us Coffee for a smoothie.


As you already know from here, I love Angel in Us Coffee smoothies. I was going to stop by and try the only flavor that I haven't yet tried Lemon Yogurt. But as it turns out they have two new flavors for summer, kiwi and melon. I opted for the melon and was, if I am honest, a little disappointed, I have come to expect more. Unlike their other smoothies, this one seemed to have an overpowering artificial melon flavoring taste to it.

The only thing that made it worth it was there loyalty cards. In addition to having their normal loyalty card, it turns out they now have a smoothie loyalty card where you buy five smoothies and get one free. They stamped both. Also I was hot and thirsty.

1 comment:

  1. Doug! This is a sweet post! Sounds like you had a great day! Good call on going cruising with Annabelle and taking advantage of a nice day.

    ReplyDelete