17.10.11

Scrap Metal

About a month ago now some workers started building a structure over a creek I cross on my way to work, that looked to be a bridge right beside a structure that already was a bridge.


It was puzzling at first because it just seemed like they were going to a lot of work to strategically place a bunch of scrap metal. But I didn't have to wait long, with in a week of anchoring what I now know are the support beams the bridge was finished, walking path and all. Like a large highly organized pile of scrap metal, all of it neatly fitted together and properly engineered(I think) to look like a bridge.





Shortly after the "new" bridge was up they set to work tearing down the old bridge. I heard them working all morning and I really wanted to see it so in the name of learning, I took my class along to watch. No pictures of the time unfortunately.

They made quick work of it. This is how it looks now:





No comments:

Post a Comment