5.10.11

Outburst

There is no way to break this lightly so I will just come out and say it, "My nephew is a chubster." I know it may seem a little unprovoked but it needs to be said. Some of you might be wondering, "Why does it need to be said? What is the cause of this outburst? What did he ever do to you? After all he is only a few days old."

If that is what you thought, you picked up on something important, the fact that he is only a few hours old. This is my way of discreetly announcing that "I am an uncle". If you're like me, when most people say this to me, my first though is, "Who cares?" but this case is different because the person who is saying it is me. As a result, I care.

I know you will probably be lining up to congratulate me and that is very nice of you. But I will tell you right now that I had very little, if anything, to do with it.

This is an almost direct quote from the biological father, "Caleb Henry Vrolijk was born at 11:40AM on October 3, 2011.  He's a big baby(think fat basketball player) at 21" tall and weighing in at a whopping 9lbs. 7oz!"


They even let me hold him regardless of the distance(thanks to my school for the ink). Let me tell you "soft as a baby's bottom" could just as well be "soft as a sheet of 20 lb card stock."


Congrats to you, brother and sister, may he bring you as much joy as you brought your parents...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/10/11

    Congratulations Uncle Doug :)
    ~aj

    ReplyDelete