7.8.11

South by North West

As many of you may not know, an interesting phenomenon in the migration world took place this past week in Korea. It takes place twice a year and occurs when the schools close their doors for vacation. This releases, what are known as, English teachers in Korea to flee to a nearby country for a well deserved rest.   I too have been on vacation resisted participating in this migration of jet setting to one of many tempting South East Asian countries in order to get some rest here.

This meant that I had a little extra time to spend with those I really care about. Annabelle and I celebrated 2000 kilometers together this week and so to celebrate I decided to surprise her with a trip around the island of Geoje.

We started off for the West side of the island as we haven't spent much time exploring that area. We came across a nice little island that I have seen on the map but have never visited so I decided to change that. We circumnavigated it and found it to be quite similar to almost anywhere else in Korea, beautiful...

Upon our return to the bridge I decided that we should have a little adventure while Annabelle declined she encourage me to give it a try. I will tell you this right now, I it is hard to say no to her... So I gave it a try and it worked. So that you won't be tempted to do it yourself this is the view:






From there we made our way down the winding coast line in the West, exploring old fishing villages where ajuma's were drying the days catch of minnows. The road I was following met up with another that I had explored previously so I changed course and made my way down to the South tip of the island  to look at a place called Windy Hill.

The traffic was horrendous, so in an effort to save Annabelle from any more boredom we stopped at the top of a hill, snapped a quick pic and headed for the open road. She gets really quiet when we have to go slowly.



By that this point Annabelle was getting tired and so we headed for home, stopping by the nearest gas station to pick up a drink for Annabelle before bringing her to her house.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Douglas. Those bridge pictures remind me of that time we went to the Bridge Drive-Inn in Winnipeg. I imagine you did a similar thing on that fancy orange bridge as you did there.

    ReplyDelete