27.7.11

Night Hike

This past weekend I needed some time away after work on Friday so after Skyping over supper and seeing that I haven't been overly active in the last few weeks I decided to go for a night hike. I chose to climb the mountain behind my old place, mainly because I could ride my motorcycle half way up...

I bought new batteries for my headlamp as it was overcast and headed out. I found my way to where the trail crossed the road with little problem but after climbing a few yards I knew that it was going to be a bit of a challenge. Both the climb and then finding my way back down.

I made it to where the trail comes out of the trees and on to the rock with hardly a rest and plenty of perspiration. This was not the top but it was as far as I would go as there were many trails branching every which way. This would ensure that I did not end up following a different trail down where it would deposite me on the other side of the mountain.

I found a swell place on the edge of a cliff, with an overhang to relax and take in the evening view.



As I suspected I did lose the path on the way down but I knew I was going in the general direction so I kept going. I ended up following a rocky river bed to the road where Annabelle was waiting for me.


I stopped by the harbour on my way home and took a picture so that you can see what it looks like.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice little adventure! And I LOVE the harbour! I'd probably stop everytime I drove by. Thanks for sharing the view!

    ReplyDelete