4.7.11

Egg in a Hole

This past week I made egg in a hole for breakfast for the first time in Korea. For those who don't know what egg in a hole is. You take a piece of bread, cut a hole in the center, and put in on a hot frying pan. Next you crack an egg in to the hole and viola, egg in a hole. While it is nothing special it is a change from plain old fried eggs.

My egg in a hole however was a bit different. You see I had been given a couple of donuts the night before but had not had the desire to eat plain donuts so I didn't. Then in the morning when I was wondering what to eat for breakfast I remembered the donuts and egg in a hole and wondered if it might just work.

As you can see there was much more egg than hole and the holes were quite deep so the middle was still just the right amount of gooey. The sweet of the donut was balance out nicely by the salty of the eggs creating near perfect harmony. The only thing that would have made it better is if I had bacon to wrap around it...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/7/11

    that looks like it would have been quite the delectable dish :)
    ~a

    ReplyDelete