2.2.12

Easy as Pie #2

For the second time in as many months I have proved the saying, easy as pie, wrong.

This time I made a pumpkin pie. In starting to slowly clean out my freezer I decided that it was time to make pumpkin pie out of some pumpkin puree my mom had left me. (Thanks mom!)



Looks great, eh?

The problem I think was a result of leaving the pumpkin puree out on the counter. I took it out last night before bed and forgot about it until I came home from work today. I think that in doing so I ruined it.

I noticed that it had expanded in size to fill the container, that should have been my first clue. As I stirred it before putting it in the pie crust I noticed bubbles of what I assume was gasses in the puree. I tasted a dab of it and added a little cinnamon and brown sugar to fix it and threw it in the oven.

It baked as a normal pumpkin pie it should and looked delicious but unfortunately it tasted similar to pumpkin vinegar.

Just so you don't think that I am totally incompetent in the kitchen I have banana bread on lock and I have also actually made a deliciously fantastic apple pie since my last pie episode. I just did not have a camera to capture it in it's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment