19.12.11

Market Shutdown

It just so happened that I went to the market during the day and invited one of the Korean teachers along for a break. Upon seeing that I had interpreter, each of the stalls I had been loyal to sorrowfully broke the news to her/me. The market was closing! Despite my attempts to single handedly buy enough produce to feed a city block, they could not stay open.

They said that while the fruit and vegetable sales had been good, the other shops that sell dried fish, blankets, and various other interestingly diverse things, had not been able to unload enough to make it worth their time.(I wonder why?...) They were pulling out. As a result, the market would be to small to command the parking lot they had been occupying every 5 days.

While this is a disappointing, it is not terrible. I had a habit of buying at least 15000 won worth of produce regardless of if I needed it or not so this will allow me to save a bit of money. There is a permanent fruit stand literally right beside my school that is womanned by a lady that is quite sweet. But I will have to find a new source for vegetables and eggs.

Here are a few pictures of the last market night, unfortunately I didn't get pictures of the sellers as I went late and they were already busy packing up.

Vegetables
Fruits

Going...

Gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment