21.9.11

Threading the Needle

Alas my life since my parents left has not been as empty as I had anticipated when I promised to update you regarding their stay. Perhaps I will have time tomorrow...

Until then I will leave you with a picture and a story.


This is a picture of my mother and I in the Shanghai train station waiting for the high speed train to take us to Beijing. During this time I decided to liven things up and challenge my mom to a surprise speed needle threading contest.

I must admit that I did have a minimal head start as needle and thread were already in my hand while my mom's was packed away in her bag. In the time it took for my dad to get out the camera my mom had closed the gap and we were neck and neck coming in to the home stretch(if you can call it that).

So it is with no small amount of pleasure that I announce to you the winner was me! You sure are a formidable opponent mom.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Doug,
    I read this as I was sitting in Bio40S while my students were working and it made me laugh so I put it on the screen and the students also laughed. Though they didn't find it as funny as I did.
    This reminds me, I'm pretty sure you sent me an email that I have not yet replied to....
    Joey

    ReplyDelete