1.1.12

Grab Bag #2

Here are a few leftover pictures from the last couple of weeks.


This is a 6 kilogram ham that was ordered for one of the Christmas parties I was invited to. It was incredibly big, I would think pretty much a whole pig if I didn't know any better. It was quite delicious to boot. It did come at a cost. 210,000 won($200). That works out to about $33 a kilo.


It is starting to get cold here. Almost -5 degrees celsius some days. Caught this on my way to work.


This is downstairs at my school, in the same breaker box that caught fire a few months ago...


This is a package of chicken that was sent from Gangwon-do the northeastern most province in Korea. It was for our school's Christmas party. Apparently that area is famous for a specially spiced chicken and they eat it cold. Interesting for sure but it tasted just like the stuff you would get down the street if you left it in your fridge to cool off for a day. The Korean staff was all about it but when I asked the kids about it the next day they weren't so keen on it and didn't know why it was special...

No comments:

Post a Comment